Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Finlandia house


Ugh, I am a sucker for weird and huge (white) buildings. Buildings that really stand out or which are famous for different design, a la Farnsworth House, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, Flatiron Building etc. Maybe not many people know that in Finland there is a great building called Finlandia-talo in English Finlandia Hall. I finally got there to take photos of the building. Yes, I went pretty crazy.








I tried to capture the many details the building and its surroundings are offering. I especially like the wooden addition on the doors and interesting lamp shades.

The building is a congress amd event venue in the centre of Helsinki. This impressum was designed by Alvar Aalto, which is not a surprise, as my favorite building in Tartu, my home town Villa Tammekann was designed also by the famous Finn! Anyway while observing the Finlandia Hall, you could tell that this is from the 70's, this is correct, as it was opened in 1971! The versatile and flexible meeting, exhibition, festival and concert facilities of the Finlandia Hall offer a setting for both large international congresses and small-scale meetings, and for various entertainment and public events.


Read more about the Finlandia Hall HERE.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home