Monday, November 14, 2016

Canadian Estonians - in light and shadow photography exhibition


My long-time photography project has finally become a reality, as I can proudly present my high quality black and white portraits taken in Toronto of the thirteen local Estonian community members. It was a great joy to meet all these people, to hear their life stories, see the passion, when they spoke about Estonia. Due to funding problems, it took five years to get this exhibition to happen. I am very thankful for The Museum of Estonians Abroad (VEMU), who gave their helping hand to acquire the frames and print the photos. Helle-Mari Märtson helped to edit the texts and Arp Karm helped to install the exhibition. I am very thankful for all your contributions to this exhibition. 




"Canadian Estonians - in light and shadow" is opened in the great-looking Tartu train station, which is located in Vaksali street 6 and is opened every day from 6 AM to 8 PM. Please go and have a look, unfortunately the texts are in Estonian, but I am willing to translate anything if there is a need. Exhibition will be up until 11th of January, 2017. Your visit to the train station is appreciated and I would love to hear your feedback.


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home