Sunday, May 03, 2015

Elmar Tampõld



Elmar Tampõld was a great soul - architect, father, community member and a kind person. I first read about him from the local Canadian-Estonian newspaper and learned about his great works on different building built in Toronto, including Tartu College. He was well-educated and active person throughout his long life. I approached him for my photography project and he was the first I interviewed. He shared me his life story about how he and his 16 year old brother came together by boat from Hiiumaa to Sweden. He had some heavy burdens to carry in his early years, but he turned out to be a great and powerful man. This photo was taken in Tartu, where he got an award for livelong contribution preserving Estonian mind and sense even in abroad (I think it was something like that, I apologize if not).


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home