Wednesday, September 28, 2011

28th of September



I think for me 28th of September, 1994 is a date I'll never forget, as American's won't 11th of September, 2001. On 1994 a ship called "Estonia" sank in the middle of the night between Estonia and Sweden. Cold sea took lives of 852 people.
Water has always have a special meaning for me and thinking of those poor people who drowned into a ice cold water made me feel really bad and still does. I was 14 when I heard the news, and started to get ready to go to school, as I switched on radio and realized something terrible like that has happened. I couldn't believe it. After the terrible news they played Sophie B. Hawkins' "Right beside you" and if you have seen its video then you know how connected the music and the accident really are.


Taking a moment to think of those Estonians, Swedes, Finns and other nationalities.

(Read more about Estonia here.)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home